Most oxidized and extreme Head Lamp Restored Opti coat Protected by Detailiens

Kc's

My buddy went off overseas for some years & upon return he found his pair of Xenon Head lamp

DSCF0059.JPG

after polished with PlastX Clear Plastic with rotary, both wool & foam pad at 1500 rpm

DSCF0341.JPG

close up

4.jpg

an evenly sanded pic

DSCF0350.JPG

Restoration continues with polishing off

Opt Hyper spray Compound - OPT double side wool Pad then Step down to 3" wool pad @ 1500 RPM rotary

finishing off with OPT Hyper spray polish - OPT double sided foam pad & 3" polishing pad @ 1200 rpm finishing at 600 rpm

IPA Wipe down

Ta da the permanent OPTI COAT

Opti-Coat 2.0 forms ceramic bonds (Si-C)at very high temperatures and will not be damaged by extreme heat. Therefore, it can be used to protect wheels, brake calipers, engine compartments without any issues.

from here

DSCF0333.JPG

ta da

DSCF0372.JPG

it was OPTI COAT protected

tested with fire - xenon lighting

DSCF0498.JPG

I could have save my time & effort by walking away.....

choose this day

DSCF0338.JPG

to face or not to face......that thin line make a huge difference....

Full write up

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2012/02/doctor-head-lamp-rm-8000-head-lamp.html

revised version

My buddy went off overseas for some years & upon return he found his pair of Xenon Head lamp

DSCF0059.JPG

as they have too many cars but very less of shaded place

the last series, in my Hands on Car detailing clinic , we talk about restoring oxidized Head Lamp...due to car wash ...aggressive sanding by road side ..... due to wear & tear http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-detailing-forums/398613-the-complete-car-detailing-hands-on-clinic-by-malaysia-car-detailing-guru-kcs.html

2 factor contributing to such oxidations,

firstly the roadside foam wash (harsh chemicals & sponge use during washes) often this sponge soaked & filled with dirt, grim and sand that is not wash away became - TA DA sand paper) try to send for just one wash on just detail black car and check out the finishing

this is the 2 most thrased exterior part of the car (our halogen uses heat the filament to a greater degree create light during night use -Reflector optics) and sun during the day..and combine with the roadside sand paper wash..ta da.. it is just like scrapping off the UV resistance protector, worst still if it is Projector (polyellipsoidal) with a High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps

BUT as for this pair.....it was hardly washed by others, hardly driven at night but still the damages

so, he went to check out this pair of replacement Xenon - it cost more than RM8k

look at the extreme close up pic (was shot by a PAS camera)

DSCF0060.JPG

evenly chalked up by mother nature threads

completely washed out by Mother nature ( as we are in Tropical Rain forest - full with acid rains as well)

extreme close up

2.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always like to take up impossible task, as if I fail....no one can blame me....but If i succeed ...It must be the Higher hands

after polished with PlastX Clear Plastic with rotary, both wool & foam pad at 1500 rpm

DSCF0341.JPG

ta da

DSCF0337.JPG

....isnt that a money shot????? convincing enough

another extreme make over

close up

5.jpg

how can I just walk away (closing a blind eye) - although it only took me less than 30 minutes to get each side done.......

I CHOOSE NOT.... but FACING THE GIANT Facing the Giants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

inspired and reminded by this movie......i took up the challenge

for the next 4 hours.....

taping the side of the paint & chrome parts.....ensuring it is protected when sanding take place - safety come first

1. after taping non affected area (3-4 ply of taping)

2. SANDING begin Lube with ONR (invest in a sanding backing plate - i trim in smaller for these curvy areas)

2a. Begin with - 1500 grit

2b. followed with - 2000 grit

2c. Finish off with -2500 grit

an evenly sanded pic

DSCF0350.JPG

Restoration continues with polishing off

Opt Hyper spray Compound - OPT double side wool Pad then Step down to 3" wool pad @ 1500 RPM rotary

finishing off with OPT Hyper spray polish - OPT double sided foam pad & 3" polishing pad @ 1200 rpm finishing at 600 rpm

ta da

DSCF0372.JPG

it was OPTI COAT protected

tested with fire - xenon lighting

DSCF0498.JPG

I could have save my time & effort by walking away.....

to face or not to face......that thin line make a huge difference....

thanks for viewing yet another head lamp restoration guide

cheerio

Nice turn around on those headlights!

Thanks perfections for your kind words

glad to know another optimum fanatics

• 1 month later...

Yea I love optimum products, but I think I love it more when you post a thread and say ta da! I laugh every time. You do some great work :)

thanks

Optimum Fanatic

\

I am known for this OPTIMIZER

Archived