Hi Optimum forums!! New here :)

I-car

I cant wait to post in this forum but it took mods almost 3 days to validate my account XD, this is gonna be a long read...

first of all I get to know about this brand when I am looking for a new business to venture in...some body in the local forum offered a mobile car wash service, this service might be old but that was the first time I heard about such service, in my place all of the car wash services are stationary located, I did some research and this indeed a good business to venture in!!

So here I am determine and decided to start a waterless/ no rinse mobile car wash service, prior to this I have no experience what so ever in washing car as a profession, so I watched you tube videos, I did some research on several waterless products such as freedom waterless, eco touch etc, and out of all optimum product seems to be the most legit product to use!

To prevent confusion and hassle, I would like to use complete products from optimum for my mobile car wash service, since I will be using moped/scooter to do my service, so space to put all the products will be extremely limited. it looks something like this...

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm121/vinzentoizm/GEDC15291600x12001-1.jpg

there are several reasons why I choose to use a moped

pros-

1) Cheaper start up cost compared to buying a car/van (cars extremely expensive here...even for a second hand...)

2) easy to manuevre during traffic congestion, hence reaching customer faster...time is money here..

3) fuel cost and maintenance considerably much lower

4) easier to park (its extremely hard to find a car parking in busy business park here!!)

5) no need to pay for parking, bikes get free entrance to shopping malls car park

6) high visibility - since bikes get to stop the most front, during a red traffic light, the public can see my bikes easily,

cons-

1) less proffesional

2) very limited space

3) hard time during rainy days (it doesnt matter since no body's washing car during rainy days anyway)

4) no access to 12V connection.

so heres my operational plan.since I know the product purely base on reading only so far and using common sense so please critique!!

- since I cant bring buckets of water with my bikes, heres what I will bring along:

1) A pre-dilute ONR and pour it inside garden pressurize pump bottle,

2) a bottle of power clean,

3) a bottle of tire shine.

4) opti wash mitt, optimum extra plush MF towels and couple of multi purpose MF towels and large towels to absorb dripping liquids to the ground.

** opti clean, optimum protectant plus and a cordless vacuum machine will be brought upon request only if the customer ask for interior cleaning

Once arrive at customers car, i will be using power clean to pre-soak any visible grime and dirt like bird droppings mud, and also wheels. Then I will use budding system, 2 person will be working on a car, one person do the spraying with ONR solution and use the opti mitt to wash, then the 2nd person will use MF towels to clean (or apply Instand detailer and buff if customer requested), working panel by panel starting roof, side panels, back panels, any finally front hood.

once the body's done, then will proceed to wheels, now the power clean solution has already diluted brake dust and dirt, one person will do the cleaning and wiping using a clean cloth and the second person will apply tire shine and buff off, working all the 4 wheels.

** if the customer requet for interior detailing**

-once exterior has done, one person will vaccum the interior while the other person will use/power clean to clean dirt, then apply optimum protectant plus and use optimum multi prpose towel to wipe off and apply opti clean to clean the windows.

and that complete the basic job

- extra service given will be optimum car wax, optimum car coat, opti seal...

basically thats it, do you think the above mentioned products is enough to start a business? did i miss out anything?

thanks everyone and have a nice day!!

First welcome to the forums :)

Next, if your wanting to wash cars like a waterless wash your going to want to use opti clean instead of onr in your pressurized sprayer. Onr is a rinse less wash not a waterless wash. Also if your going to clean the rims/tires with power clean do that first before washing, because if there is wind specs of power clean will blow and land on the paint and you don't want it to dry on the paint. Apply tire gel before washing the paint to allow it to start drying incase your customer needs to leave shortly after your service it will be dry and won't sling all over the paint.

Good luck with your new business!

Next, if your wanting to wash cars like a waterless wash your going to want to use opti clean instead of onr in your pressurized sprayer. Onr is a rinse less wash not a waterless wash. Also if your going to clean the rims/tires with power clean do that first before washing, because if there is wind specs of power clean will blow and land on the paint and you don't want it to dry on the paint. Apply tire gel before washing the paint to allow it to start drying incase your customer needs to leave shortly after your service it will be dry and won't sling all over the paint.

Hi perfection, thanks for the reply!

Just wanna ask, cost to wash per car wise which one will cost higher? ONR or OOC? I have read somewhere in other forum(detiling world if I am not mistaken, somebody do use ONR by spraying method aka bucketless method and it does work, the key to work is to let the solution dwell for a bit longer before wiping off. I never tried so I dont know but it seems like the result is pretty convincing. I am sorry if I sound defending but my main concern is to lower cost as much as possible yet still deliver best results.

also whats the different between tire shine and opti bond tire gel? when to use each product?

And thanks for the power clean tips! that will save me troubles!

People usually use onr in a pressure sprayer to pretreat a panel before they wash it, they will let it dwell a bit before using the rinse less wash "onr". What I believe your trying to do is spray a product on a panel and wipe off the dirt? If this is the case you will need opti clean as its a waterless wash.

For the tires buy opti bond as you can dilute it 1:1 and make 2 gallons instead of the tire shine, which will save you a lot of money over the lifetime of your business!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Chris, I would like to order optimum products but my forwarder required MSDS (material safety data sheet), is there anywhere I can get it?

I need MSDS for ONR, OCW, OBTG, OID, OOC, OOS, OLP, OPC, and OLV

many thanks!

Archived