Opti-coat over stone chips

DeadlySheds

Hey all. My 2011 Nissan Frontier is absolutely peppered with stone chips along the rockers and on the rear wheel wells from woods/gravel roads. The truck is mint aside from the chips, and there are simply too many chips to repair without a repaint . Seeing as the truck is new (6000 km), and it gets used on woods roads quite a bit, repaint isn't an option. Im wondering if using opit-coat will help prevent corossion around the deep chips by sealing them in,as well as help build the area up to keep future chipping less severe?

Thanks!

First I'd look into doctor color chip for your repairs to the chips, it works well. Then 30 days later opti coat it :) As far as prevention down the road pertaining to rust prevention, personally I think it works from my observations. If you decide not to fill in the chips, clean out all the rust with something like ironx, ipa it and opticoat, its what I've done and haven't noticed any rust buildup in these areas.

Thanks. I have no rust, but there are way too many chips to fill in with any sort of paint. It would take weeks! I'll probably just clean it up, fill the most obvious chips and opti-cost the area.

Will I have to do the whole panel, our will out be fine to just do the portion that is chipped?

Archived