Removing Water Spots From Opti-Coat

whiplash willy

I applied OC2.0 about a month ago, and am loving it so far!

I have been noticing very small water spots though on my paint, that I am unable to remove by hand washing my car. What is the best/easiest/safest way to remove these from my OC2.0 surface?

I also have bad water marks on my windshield (Not opticoated). Any tips on how to remove them from my windshield?

I believe the water spots are from my hose water during my car wash, that has dried on the surface before i had a chance to dry it off.

I'll be trying what was recommended to me by a well known detailer soon, but his recommendation was chemical guys water spot remover or mark v's water spot remover. I bought the chemicals guys and will be trying it on our church bus soon. The youth washed it, never dried it and let it bake in the sun...

I'll be trying what was recommended to me by a well known detailer soon, but his recommendation was chemical guys water spot remover or mark v's water spot remover. I bought the chemicals guys and will be trying it on our church bus soon. The youth washed it, never dried it and let it bake in the sun...

Please let me know, I am interested in finding out how they work!

I did buy some Poli-Seal to use for correcting high spots during application. I was thinking about using it for the water spots on my paint. Do you guys think that would work well for waterspots? I don't really want to have to use polish on it already if I don't have to though. If I use it too frequently, wouldn't it eventually remove the opti-coat?

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested as well. I had my car recently detailed because of moderate water spots, and they did not buff out using Wolf's products, and Chem Guys citrus wash, so I'm looking for alternative methods.

Archived