About to take the plunge...questions

Brett

I think in the spring I will take the OC plunge. I plan on using Optimum polishes as opposed to my current Meguiars, mainly because I want one line of products. Polish and finish, then a wipedown to ensure I'm good to go.

What is the preferred applicator for OC? I've heard the included applicator is grabby. Would I be better off with a MF applicator?

Is it layerable? If so, how long should I wait? 12 hours? A day?

Lastly, how does OC look on white?

Thanks.

I think in the spring I will take the OC plunge. I plan on using Optimum polishes as opposed to my current Meguiars, mainly because I want one line of products. Polish and finish, then a wipedown to ensure I'm good to go.

Sounds like a great plan.

What is the preferred applicator for OC? I've heard the included applicator is grabby. Would I be better off with a MF applicator?

There are a ton of great methods, the applicators that's included isn't grabby as long as there's product on it, once it gets grabby you know it's time to apply more product.

Is it layerable? If so, how long should I wait? 12 hours? A day?

I think opti coat 2.0 has to wait a bit longer then opti guard, but I wait one hour with opti guard. Sorry hopefully chris will chime in for the 2.0

Lastly, how does OC look on white?

Glossy, which you won't hear people say that about white, but opti coat does add gloss even to white!

Thanks.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

We use microfibre applicators. Had little skinny ones manufactured especially for it.

The product does go on better with them. Doesn't need to be leveled as much because it goes on so level off the applicator.

Joel, do you have any pics of the applicator you're using? I'm curious :) .

Archived