OPC safe on uncoated aluminum

soundwavefd

Two part question here. Is OPC safe when used full strength on uncoated aluminum? I used it to clean my exhaust manifold at full strength and then wiped down the surface with a clean damp cloth.

Also, I was thinking of using Opti-Seal to seal the manifold. Would it work on uncoated aluminum that sees exhaust temperatures?

Drew

Also, would it be safe to degrease other engine parts made of various materials under the hood? When I degreased earlier I just wiped everything down with a damp cloth sprayed with OPC. I just let it air dry after the wipedown, hopefully I did not need to rinse or anything.

Drew, personally if it was my car, and I'll preface this with I'm an extremist when modding the looks of the engine bay, I'd pull the intake manifold off, sand it, then polish it with compound then hit it with optimum metal polish to turn it into a mirror. I've polished a lot of uncoated aluminum pieces in my day and it looks amazing when polished. After polishing I'd opti coat it. Opti seal would be great but even the optimum metal polish offers great protection if you don't wanna coat it.

As far as opt pc and cleaning engine compartments, on a newer car I spray down the engine diluted 1:1, then spray it down. On older cars you really need to be careful with getting water into the connections, so no pressure washing, hose only. After you hose everything down take a leaf blower to dry everything up, then wash the exterior of the car to get off any pc residue.

Archived