Opticoat Plastic Headlight Protection

whiplash willy

Several months ago, I opticoated my 2012 VW Golf TDI. So far I am loving the protection and waterbeading it has provided. I covered the headlights as well, but wanted to know how well Opticoat will protect my plastic headlights from becoming hazy and oxidized down the road. Is Opticoat enough protection, or should I use something in addition?

Back in May 2011, I sanded, polished and coated the headlights on my Olds Intrigue. A year and a half later, they show absolutely no signs of deterioration even though I sanded off most of the OEM clearcoat and the car sits outside 24/7 and has endured 1 1/2 PA winters. Good enough for me!

Bill

Looking forward to OptiLense to add to the arsenal. Unfortunately currently protectants and sealants just don't provide the necessary UV protection needed to prevent future yellowing or hazing caused by the sun. The proper procedure would be to reapply a new UV coating after the previous one was sanded away- I can't wait to try OptiLense and how this works to prevent the yellowing.

Chris- will there be a warrant available for this product as well?

Archived