Sticky syringe?

lamarzocco

So I was applying OC 2.0 to another car and the syringe seems to get stuck and while trying to push the plunger to get more product out. I push a little harder and it literally jumps like 5cc's and a fountain of opti-coat lands on the car. I scramble to spread it out and to wipe it off with a MF towel. It happened again a few minutes later. Is the blue nozzle getting clogged or should I just buy some smaller syringes and transfer the OC to the smaller syringe?

It sounds like it is more the tip than anything to me. It happened to me once (although it was just clogged and didn't squirt out) and a pin did the trick of clearing it up. When you wash it out after use make sure it's really clear and water runs through it then dry it out. I found this way I could make sure there was absolutely no product left in there.

I had the sticky syring issue before as well. Funny enough, some of the "overspray" got on to my blacktop driveway so I spread it into a "box shape". 6 months later it is still there with a darker hue than the rest of the driveway. Not bad considering the driveway has to deal with all the elements including a lot of heat and car traffic!

• 2 months later...

I have had the same experience with the syringe feeling stuck. I cut a really small amount off of the applicator tip, making the opening wider. It will come out easier at this point, but be advised, it will of course come out faster, so be careful that you aren't using more than you need to.

Archived