swirls in oc

camino70

I polished my black GMC, surprisingly soft, a few months ago and oc'd it. I can't seem to not put slight swirls in it no matter how much care I put into the wash. Can I get some product recommendations? Should I use something like poliseal from time to time?

Thanks!

The trick is removing as much dirt off the surface before you're actually going to wash it, if it has loose gritty dirt on it. Otherwise optimum no rinse does a great job. Even the optimum car wash is top notice, but is often overshadowed by onr. You can also pretreat the panel with onr at quick detailer strength to help minimize any wash induced damage.

Thanks. I have been hitting it with the pressure washer, pretreating with onr then washing with multiple lambswool with shampoo with some onr added, then I blow dry with leaf blower. I try to use as little pressure as I can, but still put swirls in it....

For my wash media I have tried various mitts and sponges but have always returned to microfiber towels. I constantly change them out instead of just rinsing them. We understand that some paints are ridiculously soft and they are next to impossible to keep defect free for any extended period of time. Your OC will be beneficial in the struggle to avoid those defects. IMO.

Archived