Can Opti-Glass be layered/Side & Back Glass

soundwavefd

I plan on using Opti-Glass not only on my windshield but also my side windows and back glass. I know most people use regular Opti-Coat for side and back glass, but I want to try to coat my car twice including wheels/barrels with a single syringe of Opti-Coat 2.0 and probably wont have a lot left over.

But, you get so much product with Opti-Glass, I was thinking of using that for ALL my glass? Any downside to using Opti-Glass over Opti-Coat 2.0 on side and back glass (Film thickness/rock chip resistance etc)?

I was also wondering if Opti-Glass can be layered and what the procedure is for doing this in term of time etc?

Thanks,

Drew

• 2 months later...

Just applied Opti-Glass to all my glass. Do I need to throw away the microfiber towel I used to buff off the excess because of crystallization?

Chris one more question:

I use standard winter formulation windshield washer fluid that contains some pretty nasty chemicals (Methyl Alcohol, Ammonia, etc) to lower freezing point and melt ice. Will this degrade the Opti-Glass Coating? Or is it pretty chemical resistant like Opt-Coat 2.0?

If it will degrade it, I don't know what other options there are for Opti-Glass friendly washer fluids?

Archived