Removing pollen

Well it's that time of the year where my black car constantly has a nice yellow coating of pollen. Can OptiClean safely remove pollen or would an ONR wash be required? I also have some OID but I'm assuming OptiClean would be better for the job. I'd like to be able to quickly spray and wipe it off since the pollen seems to accumulate daily.

Ah, pollen. Scourge of Spring. LOL

I would think that a dedicated waterless wash would be fine. However, if you feel more comfortable with ONR then just do that. It's really personal preference as a lot of the waterless washes now can remove quite a lot of dirt/grime safely. Pollen can actually be quite abrasive, people just don't realize that because of how light it is.

ONR at QD strength might work but I would try it in a small spot first. ONR is formulated to be used as a rinseless wash while Opti Clean is more suited to waterless wash. I guess I would lean more towards the Opti Clean myself. Especially on a black car.

Does ONR lose any effectiveness if the car is rinsed off first? My car was caked in pollen and I decided to just give it a quick rinse before an ONR wash but I wasn't sure if I lessening the effect of the ONR solution by using it on a wet rinsed surface. I was thinking to myself that a traditional wash soap would be better but all I had was ONR. :lol:

So I guess I'm basically asking if ONR can be used as a traditional car wash soap minus having to do a final rinse of course.

Archived