Suggested Optimum Products

Im getting myself a little confused with the Optimum line of products. Maybe a little guidance for my application from the members would set me straight on the correct line of products I may need.

I have a 1989 Carrera 4 in Guards Red. This is a single stage paint (non-clear coated but more on that in a second) that has some minor micro pitting and light marring with light oxidation of the front/rear bumpers and the pop-up spoiler. I have a PC today with pads and Im ready to try the Optimum line. Overall the car shines and looks very nice. Example photos HERE. Im trying to step up the appearance of the car over what Im getting today.

Issue #1 is the paint had some respray at some point in the car's life. This repray covered about 50% of the car (drivers side fenders, door & rear deck) and was clear coated while the trunk, roof and passenger side is not clear coated. This presents a unique situation in which I have both single stage paint AND clear coated paint. Give the light to medium paint correction I wish to correct (on both surfaces) what product(s) would be best suited in this situation?

Hey Steve,

I would go with Optimum Polish and PoliSeal, either a Lake Country white pad or an Optimum green pad for the initial cutting/polishing stage. Blue finishing or black finishing pad and PoliSeal nshould do the trick.

If your paint needs a bit more correcting then Hyper and a polishing pad can work also without fear of introducing too much marring. So the steps would then be:

Polishing pad and Hyper

Same pad and Polish

Finishing pad and PoliSeal.

All of the above polishes will work just fine on your combo clear/single stage paint.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Guest Guest_911urge_*
Hey Steve,

I would go with Optimum Polish and PoliSeal, either a Lake Country white pad or an Optimum green pad for the initial cutting/polishing stage. Blue finishing or black finishing pad and PoliSeal nshould do the trick.

If your paint needs a bit more correcting then Hyper and a polishing pad can work also without fear of introducing too much marring. So the steps would then be:

Polishing pad and Hyper

Same pad and Polish

Finishing pad and PoliSeal.

All of the above polishes will work just fine on your combo clear/single stage paint.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Anthony,

Thats exactly what I needed to know. Im working on getting the car looking as best as it can for the Porsche Parade.

Thanks as always.

Archived