Hello from Des Moines, IA

dandiele

Hey everyone, I just signed up today to the forums. Last night I placed an order for some poly-seal and some opti-seal to use on my two cars. One is a 2012 Chrysler 200 that is BlackBerry Pearl and the other is a 2005 Mustang GT that is Red Fire. The chrysler is in worse shape from Mr car wash, I had an unlimited membership for about 2 weeks that pretty much swirled the crap out of my car. Luckily no major scratches how ever a good amount of swirl marks so I am hoping poly-seal will help me out.

On the other hand, the Mustang is in better shape, but it has a good amount of very fine scratches all in the same direction or hologram looking scratches, I am guessing from improperly drying the vehicle after washing it and it not being completely perfectly clean. These I know will come out with poly-seal

I am extremely excited to get to using the products. Ever since my first black car, a 2003 SVT focus I have wanted to learn how to polish it and keep it looking nice and now the time has come.

Welcome!

The mention of Des Moines brings back memories of long ago. I used to stay there for a week in mid-August for the Sprint Car races in Knoxville. Some years the water supply would be low and the car washes were all forced to temporarily close. While trying to get 800 miles worth of bug guts off my car in the motel parking lot, I'd be wishing someone invented a safe and reliable way to wash your car without a hose. Nowadays with ONR it would be a breeze.

Bill

• 5 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums, and I love that blackberry pearl, pretty sweet color when the suns hitting it right! Good luck with the polishing and if the poliseal cant take out the defects try the hyper polish, it works well on that color paint, not sure about the red 2005 stang but I'm sure the hyper polish would rock that also!

Archived