First Time Using OptiCoat

KJW Detailing

I got my first opportunity to practice using OptiCoat. The vehicle, a 2003 Subaru Baja was the BEST/WORST to have as my first. It was the best, because it happens to be my parents vehicle that's been well kept. It also help, as they don't care about high spots. It was the worst, because of its location ad color. They have the mustard yellow/silver combo and neither made it easy in seeing Opti Coat flash and level. The location made it difficult, because I was under a pop up tent. Without any natural light, this made watching Opti Coat flash and level tht bit more difficult. Finally, it was HOT and HUMID...90+. I did my best and I'm really happy with the results. The only area with high spots, also happens to be the first panel I started to apply the Opti Coat. I will level it down, but not until the vehicle returns from its Jounrey. The reason for the detail, aside from my parents asking and me needing an opportunity to practice applying Opti Coat, is due to their trip to the Florida Keys. My dad will be driving from NJ to Key West and back, a month later. Excellent test for Opti Coat!

Archived