Cable or Satellite?

beachy

I have Dish Network, which is pretty good. The coverage only lapses when there is a MAJOR storm, and then for only about twenty minutes. I think in the past year, we have had about four lapses in coverage, which have happened mostly in combination with a power outage.

I haven't had cable TV in a long time, but when I did, it was not as reliable as Dish Network, nor as inexpensive.

I have Dish Network, which is pretty good. The coverage only lapses when there is a MAJOR storm, and then for only about twenty minutes. I think in the past year, we have had about four lapses in coverage, which have happened mostly in combination with a power outage.

I haven't had cable TV in a long time, but when I did, it was not as reliable as Dish Network, nor as inexpensive.

I switched from Dish to Cox Cable because I could get local channels in HD and dish didn't offer them. Later I found out that most of the lower number channels aren't even digital and the quality is not near as good as Dish. As far a down time -- I have more downtime in one month then I have had on dish over 12 years, even small storm effect Cox. I just got a call a couple of hours ago wanting me to switch my phone service over to Cox -- I just laugh and ask how she expected me to call them and complain about cable being down if they had my phone service too or is that why they want me to switch phone service. :blink:

I switched from Dish to Cox Cable because I could get local channels in HD and dish didn't offer them. Later I found out that most of the lower number channels aren't even digital and the quality is not near as good as Dish. As far a down time -- I have more downtime in one month then I have had on dish over 12 years, even small storm effect Cox. I just got a call a couple of hours ago wanting me to switch my phone service over to Cox -- I just laugh and ask how she expected me to call them and complain about cable being down if they had my phone service too or is that why they want me to switch phone service. :blink:

We experience the exact opposite where I live...My friend lose his satellite service at least once a day and the whole time a storm rolls through but in the entire time I have had Cox I have maybe lost it twice(not including the hurricanes where we lose everything) I agree that it sucks that the lower channels are not digital but I always watch the in HD so I hardly notice.

Archived