Is Opticoat ommision detectable?

ErickTreetops

I posted a message earlier about how you can tell if any part of the car has been missed during applicattion of the opticoat by a professional. A few weeks ago i had some water spots on my bonnet which didn't come off with repeated washing by macguirs gold. The opticoat dealer suggested bug and tar remover by macguir. It took about six attempts to remove the spots but eventually they came off.

I noticed that this area of my bonnet/hood no longer beads. The water sheets here. It appears as if the chemical property has indeed been changed. I was told that one way to see if opticoat has been applied as it's invisible is that water beads. On this part of the hood it no longer does.

Seeing i got water spots when i shouldn't have and after the bug and tar remover was used that part of my hood no longer beads it appears that my hood surface chemistry has changed. These reactions i would have expected on an untreated surface. Could the hood not have been treated at all ? I'm pretty certain that my front right wheel was overlooked and would be willing to submit photos on this forum so other can give me their opinion.

regars

Josef

From what I've read on the waterspot issue is that after a mild claying, eventually the spots will disappear...like it never happened. Also, regarding your wheel issue, Old Tiger has a thread on another forum where after he IX'ed (Sonax'ed?) heavily Fe (iron) contaminated paint, OC 2.0's beading reappeared. Maybe you can decon your wheel. Just don't have the time right now to search these forums.

A good cleaning with Optimum Power clean will reveal the truth. OPC will remove any waxes or grease on the paint, making the paint(or hopefully opti-coat) the contact surface. If after that you still have ne beeding I would take it back to the installer and have them re-apply. Was your car coated with Opti-coat pro or 2.0?

Archived