Bee poop protection

kirbster

Where I work we have a seasonal problem with bee poop landing on our cars. The stuff is like small, yellow globs of glue. I'm using Optimum Car Wax right now but it is still difficult to remove the poop. Is there another product that makes the paint slippery or do you have another suggestion? Of should I get a tarp for the car?

Opti Coat will protect it from dammage caused by the offending amtter sitting on the paint. Often times a wash with ONR will take care of the stuff already on the surface. For the slickest surface Optimum Instant Detailer is hard to beat.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I applied the Opti Coat after first washing the car and then going over the panels with rubbing alcohol/water in a spray bottle. After all that I used the Detailer to make the surface slicker. The car surface is now very smooth and shiny.

So far, the bee poop is not sticking stubbornly to the surface of the car as it was previously. A quick wipe with Detailer takes it off. This is pretty amazing, better than I had expected. If I keep adding Detailer to the upper surfaces after a wash I think that nothing is going to stick to the car. This is well worth the effort and expense in my opinion. This is the solution I was looking for. Thanks for your products and your advice.

• 6 months later...
I wanted to ask you a question about the Opti Coat Pro. I had an installer (who are opt-coat certified) coated my Tesla ModelS with Opti Coat Pro about 2 months ago. Tonight after my commute home from work I had two yellow dots on my ModelS (which google searches say are literally Bee crap, not sure how accurate that information is but the pictures did match the size and color) and I immediately ONR cleaned the two spots and where the two spot where the finish is now cloudy and matte in finish and the OptiCoat High gloss is gone. I know Opti Coat Pro won't protect from everything but I'm hopping this didn't damage the Opti-Coat Pro finish? Is this something that can be clay barred off? If not is there any solution?
I have two photos of the cloudy matte dots as they now appear on the ModelS and any advise or information would be awesome. I also left word with the installers.

Thanks,

Archived