Optimum Noob With Product Breakdown Question For Todays Detail.

Decided today’s detail (Pontiac G6 = Hard GM CC) will be the 1st time I use my new Optimum line. So if anyone could take the time to give some feedback I’d be really grateful!

I just received the Opt line (OHC, OC, OP, OPS, OCW, ONR)

Ok so I have a real basic questions since I am not used to products with such long work times when using a PC.

How long does it take each to break down assuming a 2x2 area is being worked at a time.

OHC (please specify breakdown time and PC speed used):

• Yellow
  • Orange
  • Green
  • White

OC (please specify breakdown time and PC speed used):

• Yellow
  • Orange
  • Green
  • White

OP (please specify breakdown time and PC speed used):

• Yellow
  • Orange
  • Green
  • White

OPS (please specify breakdown time and PC speed used):

• Orange
  • Green
  • White

Thanks,

Jason

PoliSeal is going to flash off quicker than the other Optimum products and the pads don't play a great deal in the overall time one can use or work the product.

Optimum Polish and Hyper can be worked and worked, I would say that you could work a 2X2 area via PC for a literal 5 minutes and that's on speed 4. Personally I work the Optimum Hyper and Polish until it's done its job, no matter what pad I'm using. So I'll polish for a few passes then lightly wipe a small area to check the progress. If it needs more then I'll continue (adding more product if needed). If it looks good then I'll work the product just a bit more, wipe it down and continue.

The finer the pad the longer work time you'll have but to try and give an in-depth time is difficult because one must take into account temperature, humidity and also experience level or using a rotary versus an orbital.

Anthony

• 3 weeks later...

Dang you got alot of products. I generally recommend a combination since the name of the game is to save time and product to get the job done right asap.

OHC and then OP or PS

OC and then PS

OP and then OS

PS and then OS

Archived