I'm from the Charlotte NC area

Terry

I've been hanging around Autopia for a while and thanks to a few threads there.....I'm here....especially the recent thread about water restrictions that will have a profound effect on my business. I've been happy using Optimum Polish and have recently purchased ONR.....I've never been without water for my washes and now am apprehensive about changing my wash methods......so please ONR work for me.....I do have high hopes. ;)

Hello and Welcome Terry!

Glad to have you here and while the Optimum Forum is not as fast moving as others we are seeking to build up a "teaching" forum that's technical and informative. We're building up slowly and with help from people like yourself I'm sure we can make the Optimum board the place to go for "detailing how-to".

The ONR will work great for you but at first you may need to get used to it as you'll feel like a fish out of water.

Anthony

I've been hanging around Autopia for a while and thanks to a few threads there.....I'm here....especially the recent thread about water restrictions that will have a profound effect on my business. I've been happy using Optimum Polish and have recently purchased ONR.....I've never been without water for my washes and now am apprehensive about changing my wash methods......so please ONR work for me.....I do have high hopes. ;)

Terry break out the ONR and start washing cars to gain experience. This is what I am doing.

Currently I am redoing my business plan and I feel great even though I/we Georgians have drought at the highest level.

Yesterday another two counties shut down the following: NO if's, NO and's, NO but's. Closed them down. Out of business.

Car washes unless they recycle their water. Only one car wash will remain open. Recycle equipment costs $30K said this operator.

Landscapers/nursery industry, pressure washing, building permits, rezoning applications [building trades.]

I discussed with Anthony various approaches to increasing my detailing business and it starts with the wash process as we know. Thank you Anthony for taking your valuable time and talking with me. :P

Complete redo of my marketing plan and presentation to the public. I hope to kill'em with information, kindness and the GREEN factor.

Terry do not despair just adapt and overcome your competition! Go get'em.

Drop me a PM with you phone number and I will give you a ring. Glad to help where I can.

Am I worried about another Atlanta area detailer getting into this and trying to stay in business? Heck no. There are over 3 million people in this area.

I am very lucky to have a couple of clients and neighbors who are brainstorming as I type this up working on a roll out plan that are pro's in marketing and 2 neighbors whose passion is with the GREEN factor and they are real excited after showing them the ONR label and the MSDS. All I had to do was ask for their opinion and they just jumped right in. Yes, they all will receive more than a free wash by me. :beerchug[1]:

I believe that my starting price for the basic car wash will be $50 bucks. Unless horrible dirty then charge $60 or so. It is easier to back down the pricing then to increase pricing. I will be requesting that they [the client] have a minimum of two [2] cars for me to roll over and clean them up.

Al the PaintPolisher

Most may not know that Anthony and I were very skeptical of the entire No Rinse and QEW wash routine.

It's not easy becoming green. combined Anthony and I have been detailing for profit over 30 years and almost all 30 years with a hose and bucket. If we can change other can as well.

Today we knocked out 4 cars together in an hour and a half! I'm talking every thing vac dressing windows with around 6 gallins of water and no runoff!

Don't be afraid of change!

Ron......Making changes and adapting to conditions have been my keys to success in this business. That's the reason I'm here....I know of yours and Anthonys years of experience and trust your opinions and views. I tried the ONR on one of my weekly clients' Corvette today. I'm supposing that it came out well due to following your instructions (on line demo)....and the vehicle having several coats of a sealent on it and being maintained weekly. I intend on finally washing one of my own vehicles with the product soon....my hopes continue to be high......thanks ,I appreciate the help.

Archived