opti-bond vs new tire shine

waxmasterphil

i am currently using opti-bond gel with the compressor spray method with outstanding results!

how does the revised new tire shine compare to the opti-bond/

is it a replacement or a totally different product :marsa37[1]::dribble[1]:

Different in the sense that the new Tire Shine can be applied through an air compressor just as the Tire Gel and also through your traditional trigger sprayer. It can also be applied with a sponge or dressing applicator. The new Tire Shine is also a bit thicker and leaves a slightly darker look than the previous Tire Shine.

My method for Tire Shine is to spray the tires and then go about other tasks while letting it dwell for about 15 or 20 minutes (depending on weather conditions) and then coming back and smoothing things over with a dedicated tire sponge.

Anthony

Different in the sense that the new Tire Shine can be applied through an air compressor just as the Tire Gel and also through your traditional trigger sprayer. It can also be applied with a sponge or dressing applicator. The new Tire Shine is also a bit thicker and leaves a slightly darker look than the previous Tire Shine.

My method for Tire Shine is to spray the tires and then go about other tasks while letting it dwell for about 15 or 20 minutes (depending on weather conditions) and then coming back and smoothing things over with a dedicated tire sponge.

Anthony

thanks for the quick reply

are they still making both

or is the new one a replacement for the gel??

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Anthony

This is exactly how I do it as well. Works great!

what is the difference between optibond 1 and optibond 2 :dribble[1]::marsa37[1]:

If you are refering to the first generation opti bond. The new opti bond goes on and dryes even the old one was splotchey at times.

Optimum has two different types of tire dressing. The tire shine and opti bond.

What is this Opti-Bond everyone is speaking of? Is it a past product because I have never seen it being sold.

It is a Tire Dressing that is only sold through a few people if you want to order it you can do so through anthony or call David @ Optimum.

It is applied through a spray gun. I thin it out with water to obtain better coverage and a gallon will go farther then most products.

Here is a link to a thread about it.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

How'd I miss that thread?!?!?! I can't believe it's on it's 2nd revision and I'm just now hearing about it. How come it's not sold like other Optimum products?

I'm very intrigued by this product. I really like Tire Shine, but sometimes it would be nice to have a little more gloss. How is the durability of OB? Is it safe to assume that OB is superior to Tire Shine in all aspects of look, durability, etc.?

What kind of air compressor do you guys suggest? I was planning on getting a compressor in the spring, so this will just give me another reason to buy one.

Anybody know what gun Dave/Anthony sell and how much they run?

You an use a little pancake compressor to apply the Opti-Bond. The spray gun I picked up at Harbor Freight foe 13.00

For durability it is good for a couple of weeks. It will lose it high gloss after a couple of days.

The product is really a production shop type. High volume type. It really saves a lot of money for these people.

I like the fact that my hands stay clean

• 4 months later...

Anthony

I read that the Tire Shine is suitable for the interior. Does it smell like something I'd want in my interior. Something else I keep forgetting to ask, which microfibers do you fellows recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Archived