How to use Opti-Seal with Spray Wax

CptanPanic

I read of some people using OSW after OOS, and they said that it works great. But I was unable to get details on how to do it. So my questions are

1) Is this worth it? Does OSW over the OOS add any better looks or durability?

2) For my new car I was thinking of washing ONR, then putting on 1-2 layers of OS, then OSW. How long between OS then OSW should I wait?

3) For subsequent applications after car washes etc. what should I put on OOS or OSW, or both?

4) For a complete rewaxing in like 3-6 months what should I do? ONR, claybar?, OOS, then OSW?

Thanks,

CP

I read of some people using OSW after OOS, and they said that it works great. But I was unable to get details on how to do it. So my questions are

1) Is this worth it? Does OSW over the OOS add any better looks or durability?

2) For my new car I was thinking of washing ONR, then putting on 1-2 layers of OS, then OSW. How long between OS then OSW should I wait?

3) For subsequent applications after car washes etc. what should I put on OOS or OSW, or both?

4) For a complete rewaxing in like 3-6 months what should I do? ONR, claybar?, OOS, then OSW?

Thanks,

CP

Hello CP and welcome to the forums.

The spray wax over the OS may give you a slightly warmer look, like more on the carnauba side of looks. Durability is going to be anywhere from 6 to 9 months for the OS *BUT* with you adding spray wax after every wash, or after every other wash even, you will never have to worry about durability.

Optimum spray wax should be your "booster" of choice as it's so easy to apply and can be used while the car still has some water beads on it. I usually blow dry the car and then as I dry I spray each panel, just as if I were using a quick detailer.

The only time you may want to do a complete do-over is on an annual basis. Especially if you're adding the spray wax after every wash PLUS using No Rinse as No Rinse itself leaves behind a polymer. This annual detail would include a polish (maybe every 6 or 7 months if your car is dark in color) to remove any marring and then re-apply your protection.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Archived