Question about OPP (pic included)

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Guest Driven Auto Detail

I was doing a test for a free dash cleaning product that I received from AG. The dash had been treated with OPP 3-4 months ago. After cleaning part of the dash, I noticed how much of a difference there was between the clean area and the area that still had OPP applied to it. My question, is OPP still protecting after 3-4 months or is it just the "film" from OPP that was still remaining?

By the way, which side looks cleaner? The left side cleaned with Simple Green diluted 30:1 or the right side cleaned with EcoTouch Dash + Trim Cleaner?

Without flash:

IMG_4174.jpg

With flash:

IMG_4169.jpg

It appears that the Eco Touch has left something behind or didn't remove all of the Optimum. Tjhe simple green side looks a little dryer to me.

The Optimum has a polymer in it to help protect the Leather and plastic parts in your vehicles. And yes it last that long. Really an under rated product in my eyes but very important for the preservation of an interior.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

I agree with your thoughts on the cleaning Ron. ET seemed to streak or something. Can't put my finger on it.

I've been a big fan of OPP for a while, but dang, this is an even better product knowing I'm getting this kind of protection.

Archived