New Detailer In Town

Hello all. I am in the process of opening a detail shop here in Cincinnati. I am new to the professional side of the industry and am looking forward to it. I have decided that Optimum products will be a great asset to my business since I am striving to be as environmentally friendly as possible. My first shipment of Optimum products arrived today and I can't wait to try them out. Don't be surprised if I ask a lot of questions. I'll try not to be too big of a PIA.

Barry

Thanks Integrity. My previous experience is mostly in the old car field. I have wet sanded and buffed my fair share of vehicles from the 50's thru the 70's, but I have some learning to do on the newer finishes. I'm sure I can learn plenty about making the old ones look better too.

Barry

Charlie, I am focusing my efforts at the retail/personal vehicle side of the business. This might seem strange to many people since I have 3 dealerships that are very close. Two of them border my property. The main reason for not going after dealer work is the fact that I just quit working for a dealership. I have worked for 4 different auto dealers. I am VERY familiar with how they operate. I don't need to be beat up on price, rushed to get their vehicles done, then told I will have to wait 60-90 days to get paid.

I have 3 golf communities within 5 miles of my shop along with 2 RV dealers that were very excited when I spoke with them since they didn't have anyone to refer their customers to. I am marketing to the boat market as well. I already have one marina on board, so to speak.

Archived