Optimum Leather Care...?

Mindflux

I was talking to an Optimum reseller via detailcity about OLC (hah).. and he said it was a replacement for OPP. I asked him some stuff that he thought I ought to ask direct.

If this is indeed a replacement for OPP, why "OLC"? IMHO that will lead folks to believe it's a leather-only type of product.

Can anyone clue me in? I've been wanting to try OID and OPP for some time and I really enjoy ONR!

I was talking to an Optimum reseller via detailcity about OLC (hah).. and he said it was a replacement for OPP. I asked him some stuff that he thought I ought to ask direct.

If this is indeed a replacement for OPP, why "OLC"? IMHO that will lead folks to believe it's a leather-only type of product.

Can anyone clue me in? I've been wanting to try OID and OPP for some time and I really enjoy ONR!

"OLC"? That's a new one for me. As far as I know there is only Protectant Plus which is for leather and vinyl and exterior trim pieces. If I find out anything different I'll be sure and pass that on and nice to hear you like the ONR.....which means you'll love the OID :tongue4[1]:

And thanks for stopping by,

Anthony

"OLC"? That's a new one for me. As far as I know there is only Protectant Plus which is for leather and vinyl and exterior trim pieces. If I find out anything different I'll be sure and pass that on and nice to hear you like the ONR.....which means you'll love the OID :tongue4[1]:

And thanks for stopping by,

Anthony

It's on autogeek and a few other sites in a 17oz size.

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-protectant-plus.html

Oops, That should be "OLP". The link would lead me to believe it's just OPP, but the picture says Optimum Leather Protectant.

http://www.specialtymotoring.com/op-1014.html here it is again as leather protectant.

Yep, that's the Protectant, known as OPP (Optimum Protectant Plus). Just a name change but the product is the OPP with an added scent.

Anthony

Ok so is it being renamed or is the smaller size just called OLP? ScottP @ SpecialtyMotoring said it was thicker and smelled a lot nicer than OPP.

Can this still be diluted 3:1?

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Meghan at AutoGeek.net also indicated there was a formulation change between OPP and OLP. I've got a few retail size bottles for re-sale, so I have not been able to compare the formula to my current stash of OPP.

By the way, I've never heard of diluting OPP, at all. I use it straight.

Meghan at AutoGeek.net also indicated there was a formulation change between OPP and OLP. I've got a few retail size bottles for re-sale, so I have not been able to compare the formula to my current stash of OPP.

By the way, I've never heard of diluting OPP, at all. I use it straight.

Doh there I go again. I was thinking of diluting OID not OPP.

:tongue4[1]:

I told the guys on Autopia and Detailing Bliss it was the same...nobody believes me. :tongue4[1]:

Well ya know, when a product has 2 different names it's hard to believe that it isn't tweaked somehow.

I don't see OPP in smaller than gallon sizes now though. I just see OLP in 17oz and OPP is 128oz. So it is a bit confusing.

I'm sure it would help if Optimum's MFG page was up to date.

Archived