Can i repair this?

I recently applied Opti-coat 2.0 to a jet black truck it turned really well but after a month it is full of light scratches. Can this be polished out or do i have to re do the whole truck? If i can polish it out what would you suggest i normally use M205 for a polish. I have opti-coat 2.0 on my jet black BMW and i have be really careful with it when i wash or i will scratch mine to. I know my wash method is good (foam gun and 2 bucket) and t still have to careful not to scratch it, Anyway what is my options?

1) can you light polish and reapply?

2) how long before 2.0 gets full strength?

3) can you light polish and not reapply?

4) I thought opti-coat 2.0 is harder then clear coat

5) after i apply do i need to not wash for a couple weeks

6) Should i not offer this to my customers.

IMG_2428_zpsb84e8aef.jpg

Yes, Opti-Coat is harder than clear coat, but you can still scratch it. You have to practice good wash technique regardless, Opti-Coat is no panacea for bad technique. I think it's pretty much a miracle product, but it's not, you know, a miracle.

I did a full paint correction using m205 with white pad on a DA 2 twin halogen lights and a Brinkmann light. I check the clear coat every time i touched it having so past problems with IPA wipe down marring finish. The truck was free of scratches when they picked it up. Can it be fixed or do i have to reapply.

Archived