opti-seal over Mothers caranuba

james

I am new to the forum but not new to using Optimum spray wax. I detailed my truck last week end with the last step being Mothers carnauba then Optimum spray wax. I am going to order some more spray wax and going to try the opti-seal. When they come in can I co ahead and apply the opti-seal over what I already have done or would it be best to re-polish then apply opti-seal followed by the spray wax?

Hey James, welcome to the forum.

You can apply the Opti-Seal right over your wax base and you should have no issues. If you do then it's best to start with fresh paint by removing the wax. Re-polish, apply Opti-Seal and then top that after about 30 minutes.

Have fun,

Anthony

Hey James, welcome to the forum.

You can apply the Opti-Seal right over your wax base and you should have no issues. If you do then it's best to start with fresh paint by removing the wax. Re-polish, apply Opti-Seal and then top that after about 30 minutes.

Have fun,

Anthony

Thanks for the welcome and reply. Later on down the road quite sometime when the truck needs to be detailed again, does the opti-seal get removed when I again polish?

Yes it will be removed when polished, as it all sealants and/or waxes.

Hope you enjoy the products.

Anthony

Sorry to be a bother but after reading other discussions and reading the product descriptions I think I might understand the process...would you see if I've got it correct. I am working with a black Ford f-i50 Supercrew. To get the best finish...#1 Optimum Polish (straight polish with no wax or sealants) #2 then poli-seal (polish with wax and sealant0 #3 opti-seal (a straight sealant) and toped off with Optimum spray wax.

If the paint doesn't need much correction, mainly cleaning and polish then I could skip the straight polish and go directly to the poli-seal?

I have a Porter random orbital 7424 buffer with speeds on the dial from 1 to 6. But it came with no literature that tells what RPM speeds these settings are. I,ve had it for a couple of years, think I understand when to go fast and slow but never have known the RPM's

Thanks again

James

James,

Yes your steps are correct and in order but I would leave out the OCW for the initial detailing and save that after the first wash.

The PC is pretty much useless below #5 but at #6 it can vibrate your teeth loose! If you can get a Flex orbital. Much better tool.

Anthony

Archived