Optiseal on top of OC 2.0

Faraway

Hi, I know there's another thread by the same title under Optimum Coatings but that thread somehow evolved to discussing other forums. Therefore I'm bringing this topic up here because I noticed that in one reply, Dr G states that Optiseal works well with OC. This is contrary to what some experienced forum posters here have shared. So I would like to clarify if OS would stay on OC 2.0 longer than say OCW or OID and if it's recommended to top OC with OS although it may not be necessary. For your advice please.

Thank you for bringing up these great questions. As Chris already mentioned the slickness of Opti-Coat will increase over several days as it cures reach its maximum after one week as it continues to level and cure. The smoothness of the application will also play a big role in how slick or grabby the coating feels. I should also mention that the slickness of Opti-Coat 2.0 will be much greater since it cures more slowly and has more time to level.

As with any product, there is a learning curve and you will get better results as you do more applications. By using Poli-Seal, you can smooth out any ridges and unevenness to further improve the finish. Poli-Seal and / or Opti-Seal will last longer over the coating than most other products. As Chris also suggested, Instant Detailer works well with the coating also.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thanks again.

David,

"This is contrary to what some experienced forum posters here have shared."

Sorry, what I meant when I stated the above is that some experienced posters have said that doing so is a waste of money. So my question is would using OS in top of OC be a waste of money or would it last longer on OC than OCW or OID and would it offer a further layer of protection?

I've put OS over OC 2.0 and really didn't see a difference. I split my hood in 1/2 and tried it.

I wash 2x weekly with ONRWW too, not sure if that has anything to do with it, perhaps the ONRWW polymers and wax are the 1st barrier that hold up well enough and never need to get into the OS or OC barrier.

• 4 months later...

I put Opti-Seal over OC2.0 and it turned out great. The shine is better and the slickness is oustanding (actually sometimes too slick as my towels keep sliding off the panels). I used to use Permanon but this is even easier to use. Not sure how long will last but given how easy it goes on, just keep re-doing after it stops shining.

I put Opti-Seal over OC2.0 and it turned out great. The shine is better and the slickness is oustanding (actually sometimes too slick as my towels keep sliding off the panels). I used to use Permanon but this is even easier to use. Not sure how long will last but given how easy it goes on, just keep re-doing after it stops shining.

Archived