Green-friendly ONR disposal

akimel

Two questions:

1) Is ONR biodegradable?

2) What is the most green-friendly way we should dispose of the rinse left-over? I have a septic tank. I am not connected to the roanoke sewage system. Should I pour it into the sink and thus into the septic system? Should I just pour it into my yard? Something else? TIA.

Al

I'm pretty sure that ONR itself is biodegradable, but is the mixture of dirt, oil, tar, whatever, that ends up in the wash bucket after washing the vehicle still a biodegradable solution?

When it's warm, I dump my leftover mix in the bushes. Quite often, I just dump in on the driveway. What little is left in my bucket isn't enough to even reach the street on a sunny day. In the winter, I pour it down the drain. I am on a sanitary sewer system that I hope is capable of handling it. I don't really know that though.

As far as a septic system, I would have some reservations. They seem to have their own little quirks and adding something like ONR might affect the action of the system.

• 4 weeks later...
i always dump mine in the grass

Same here. I have customers whose cars I wash weekly and just as an experiment, I've been dumping the ONR mixture into the same spot on the lawn for about 2 years now. Unless I told you where the spot was, you'd never know.

Archived