Poli-Seal - photo question

jdoria

I used Poli-Seal after Meguiars M205 today. I applied the Poli-Seal with a PC and back LC CCS pad.

DSC_0007G35xpoli.jpg

I see small clumps like this in some areas. They arent easy to remove. I tried ONR and then IPA to get them off. any ideas why this happened and how to fix in the future?

not sure if this applies to your problem but I've learned that black pads are too soft for poli-seal's buttery consistency. It just soaks into the pad too quickly. I use a white pad and it seems to work longer. It still dissapears eventually but majority of the product is being worked between the pad and paint versus the soft black pad sucking it up onto the backing plate.

Speed on a DA is not an issue given OPS' great lubrication. I'm using it mainly with a rotary, using speeds between 1000 and 1400.

OPS is highly tunable. You can use it with a stiffer pad to rmove mild imperfections and also with a finishing/finessing pad which are functionaly nonabrasive. In this case OPS will behave as a sealant.

You can play with the dosage to see how is it performing with the given pad. Best is when it doesn't leave a trace/residue.

At the Concours shop we use Poli-Seal for mainly 1 steps. On some cars we may polish with Optimum Polish and then finish with Poli-Seal.

We almost always use an orbital for the Poli-Seal. It's also great for wheels, door jams, engine areas.

Anthony

Integrity - dont be offended. AIO - All-In-One, but I thought people were using this like Z5pro also. Doing so is only using a small portion of what the product offers.

:D And thanks for the info.

I was just playin, but seriously I love PS on glass and door jambs as another use. Also, I will use PS after polishing to remove the residue and add some protection making a two step a little faster. I was just thinking it you were going to the trouble of a three step process, then I personally would use a more specific product. I buy it by the gallon, so you know I'm putting it on something, LOL.

Still getting that clumping, although the introduction of more product resolved the issue.

The Optimum products are excellent, I cant complain. I did a Poli-Seal topped with Opti-Seal, then Optimum Car Wax. The car is slick as can be.

Any recommendations on the combos and curing times?

Archived