Hello, a new optimum user from Spain

achi

Hello all the people. I am new in the detailing world. A few months ago I visited West USA and I liked a lot the quality, gloss clean paint, ... impressive! , so when i came back home, I start to read information about detailing. In Spain maybe 1 each 10000 people use wax or seal on their cars, and most of the people don´t know the meaning of seal and interesting in detailing is marginal.

If you need products, most of them are interrnational, and except a few of big companies (meguiars...) there are not local sellers and you need to use internet to purchase. I think is terrible for Optimum the prices of its products in the most important spanish web, carcare europe:

i give two examples:

optimum opti seal (smallest bottle) 42 USD

optimum car wax (smallest bottle) 22 USD

Thanks for reading, i like a lot this forum, is fantastic

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the forum. Is it possible that the price includes shipping from the U.S.A.?

the product has to be shipped from the US to the retailer, and once it enters Europe there is a duty and possibly tax to pay as well, so it all adds up.

It is the same in the UK, although our prices stay a little lower right now.

Hello! Thanks for the answer.

I found better prices in the Optimum official distributor, this shop is not so important and famous than the other. This official distributor only have 6 different Optimum products in only one size each.

I understand they need to add to the price shippin cost from USA, ... but I only thought and told, that these prices are actually a big problem for going up Optimum sales. My opinion is not a claim, i think is a pity that this fantastic company, with some innovative products has a distribution problem. For example, Mercedes produces in Germany, and you can buy at (more or less) the same price in Europe and USA.

Thanks, this forum is great!

• 4 weeks later...
Hello! Thanks for the answer.

I found better prices in the Optimum official distributor, this shop is not so important and famous than the other. This official distributor only have 6 different Optimum products in only one size each.

I understand they need to add to the price shippin cost from USA, ... but I only thought and told, that these prices are actually a big problem for going up Optimum sales. My opinion is not a claim, i think is a pity that this fantastic company, with some innovative products has a distribution problem. For example, Mercedes produces in Germany, and you can buy at (more or less) the same price in Europe and USA.

Thanks, this forum is great!

Hi, Have you looked into getting Optimum products from the UK? The shipping may be less and faster and the Euro is strong against the pound :thumbsupup[1]:

The place to look is motorgeek in the UK where a small bottle of OS is 20.29 EUR and Optimum wax is 14.97 EUR

Archived