Optimumized Mitsi Evo 6 Ralliart UK

Steve_70

After placing an order for some Optimum products I thought I would start on the exterior and give it a bit of pampering and deep cleanse.

Had a weeks holiday and had gone a bit click happy on the add to cart button for some detailing orders in preparation, see following pics for my stash :eek:

It was only after I was uploading the pics into PB had a realised how many I had taken, about 150 :eek: and PB account was complaining that I had run out storage, so I have cut down the number of pictures for each stage. The afters pics really do not do justice as the camera is a bit of a crappy cheap one.

On with the pics

Here's the stash that arrived in the post :naughty:

af753105.jpg

Heard good stuff about the optimum products, and after using sample sizes I took the plunge and bought the full size products and ditched my other products (the Optimum No Rinse ONR and Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer OID missing from this shot below).

1.jpg

35.jpg

Used ONR followed by OID as the QD.

Used the Hyper Spray Polish then went over car with Poli-Seal as the Pre-Wax/Sealant cleaner.

Was then sealed with Opti-Seal.

Topped all off with OID and the Optimum Wax.

Dressed tyres, and all trim and rubbers with the Optimum dressing.

And the Results :P

43.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

51.jpg

People buy white cars around here so that they don't have to wash them as often...they say that a white car doesn't show dirt as bad. The thing is they are always oxidized and neglected. It's great to see a white car emitting crystal clear reflections for a change. Nice work!

Chris

Mant thanks Chris, much appreciated. You should have seen this car before, it was exactly as you say, it was oxidized and neglected. I bought this car as a project a few months back and it was in a very poor state, neglected by previous owner. There was zero reflection and totally flat as though it had a matt vinyl wrap on it, the powdercoat on the wheels was a grubby cream/yellow colour and the paint was the same.

This was my first time with the products and so I am overwhelmed with the results and so effortless (although the Hyper Polish didnt really work for me very well as problems with nozzle on the sprayer, see my other post on here).

I didnt know whether should use Poli-seal first then Hyper Polish (like the megs stage 1 and 2 - cleaner then polish) or hyper polish then Poli-seal as a pre wax/sealant cleaner before the OS.

I whent with the latter, was that correct, what would be the Optimum way to use each product :o)

Could recommend best way to maintain the finish please, how reg to use OID/OCW would the new Opti-Clean fit into my routine anywhere; currently I am using ONR in QD formula as a spray and clean wipedown product when get back in froma drive to remove bugs etc.

Many thanks.

Well, I have a client with an '05 Evo that I will use for test and show. I have to change the XPEL Headlight film since It has the Very Dark Smoke cover that he can't see the roads at night when he drives it. I will be placing a light smoke film on the lights this afternoon. After talking with David, he is going to send me a small sample of the new Opti-Clean to test on the Evo. I'm going to detail the engine before I change the headlight film. I have a gallon of the Opti Power Clean that I have not used. I will wash the engine with that. Anthony advised me he does 1/4 power clean & 3/4 water. The same way I use Megs APC+. This Evo will be ab on-going project for me. I will try to post some pics of it.

Well, I have a client with an '05 Evo that I will use for test and show. I have to change the XPEL Headlight film since It has the Very Dark Smoke cover that he can't see the roads at night when he drives it. I will be placing a light smoke film on the lights this afternoon. After talking with David, he is going to send me a small sample of the new Opti-Clean to test on the Evo. I'm going to detail the engine before I change the headlight film. I have a gallon of the Opti Power Clean that I have not used. I will wash the engine with that. Anthony advised me he does 1/4 power clean & 3/4 water. The same way I use Megs APC+. This Evo will be ab on-going project for me. I will try to post some pics of it.

CORRECTION!!!!! I do not know why I said it but, I never used Megs APC+ on engines. I only have used Amazing Roll-Off (1/4) to Water (3/4). The ARO works very well but, when I run out of that, It's going to be the OPC.

Again, my bad.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived