A True Test of Opti-Coat

Joel Blake

These are from a client of ours. Just recently he received a call from a garbage disposal company who need paint protection for their trucks. These trucks have the hooks that lift the garbage over the top of the cab. Occasionally this results in liquids being poured onto the cab roof, or when it rains and the bins fill up with 800 litres of contaminated water this ends up on the truck's cab also.

The results is this type of effect below. Note this truck is only 4 weeks old!

4be567b7.jpg

1-31.jpg

So I am told that he used an acid cleaner to remove these rust stains, and then cleaned up the cab ready for the Opti-Coat. Here are a couple of after pics. He will be going back each year to service the trucks so I'll dig up the thread when he does and give you all an update!

2-30.jpg

3-31.jpg

4-30.jpg

Never dreamed a fleet of this type would go for a process like Opti-Coat. When you think of it though , the owner is pretty smart in protecting his investment with the price of equipment being what it is.

I was initially surprised too. But apparently if the two test trucks survive the abuse, they are going to have all their vehicles done. I spoke with the detailer who applied the other day and he said he can't wait a year to find out how it is going and will most likely go back for a "complimentary" check up in the nearer future.

Another client is also in the process of having a mining company sign up to have their fleet of vehicles coated. The mine is located in central Australia where the dirt is red like in the image below. Within a matter of weeks, their white vehicles are a pale shade of the same

central-australia.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

These are from a client of ours. Just recently he received a call from a garbage disposal company who need paint protection for their trucks. These trucks have the hooks that lift the garbage over the top of the cab. Occasionally this results in liquids being poured onto the cab roof, or when it rains and the bins fill up with 800 litres of contaminated water this ends up on the truck's cab also.The results is this type of effect below. Note this truck is only 4 weeks old!So I am told that he used an acid cleaner to remove these rust stains, and then cleaned up the cab ready for the Opti-Coat. Here are a couple of after pics. He will be going back each year to service the trucks so I'll dig up the thread when he does and give you all an update!

Hello Joel!

Any updates about the trucks?

Kind regards

Magnus

Archived