Opti-Coat 2.0 Observations

gmck

i want to touch on a reply by Chris Thomas... he stated that OC 2.0 will cure even faster with heat? what if OC 2.0 was applied to your paint and the same day (after the initial 12 hrs of course) or the day after it rains and you need to drive the car i.e., wife to the mall, kids to school etc. will the rain, snow, dirty water from the road hinder the curing process, or degrade the coating of the OC 2.0?

Opti-Coat 2.0 can be exposed to rain after an hour or so without degrading. Flashing, drying, and fully curing/hardening are all different terms a points in the progress.

I can vouch for this. I recently covered a car with Opti Coat 2.0 after a full detail. The customer couldn't wait for the rain to stop and was willing to drive it home in the rain after waiting an hour after the last panel. She called me to say that after sitting in the garage overnight, the car still looked so good she didn't see the need to wash it. She did wait a full 7 days after application to wash the car and it came out great, completely unfazed by the rain. The Opti Coat is going strong like the rain never happened.

Ted Y

Archived