2010 Mini Clubman

My neighbour up the street bought this for his wife from the States and imported it into Canada. They wanted it protected with Opti Coat/Guard. When I saw the car, I also recommended they spring for C4 on the trim since it's so visible on the car.

There was a scratch on the driver's front fender that also went into the door. Unfortunately the paint was quite thin there so it limited what I could do. It went through the trim too. The C4 certainly helped in that regard as you'll see. I only had one day to do this car and had to be returned to them that night, so all the final shots are inside shots. Sorry, I would have loved to capture the flake in the sun.

Before Shots:

DSC_0172-3.jpg

DSC_0175-2.jpg

DSC_0177-1.jpg

DSC_0178-3.jpg

DSC_0179-1.jpg

DSC_0180-2.jpg

img]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/rhowitt/Live2Detail/DSC_0181-3.jpg[/img]

DSC_0182-3.jpg

DSC_0185-3.jpg

DSC_0186-2.jpg

DSC_0187-2.jpg

DSC_0188-3.jpg

DSC_0189-3.jpg

DSC_0190-2.jpg

DSC_0192-2.jpg

DSC_0193-3.jpg

DSC_0194-3.jpg

DSC_0196-1.jpg

Wheels/Tires/Wells:

Boy, you can tell BMW is making these now by their brake dust!! The wheel panes were black. The first step was WB followed by Zep Citrus. That did not do the trick so then they got IronX. Wow, was it working hard!

The tires were cleaned with Zep Purple.

The wells were cleaned with Zep Citrus.

The wheels were subsequently sealed with OG. The tires then treated to DP tire gel and the wells sprayed with Adams.

DSC_0176-2.jpg

DSC_0202-1.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0200-1.jpg

DSC_0201-1.jpg

Bug Removal/Wash/Clay:

The front end of the car was heavily sprayed with DG bug remover. After allowing it to dwell a few minutes, I then foamed the car with DG 901. I used the bug sponge that had been sprayed with some straight ONR.

The jams were cleaned with a demoted wash mitt.

The paint was cleaned with a 901/Dawn mix to remove any wax or sealant.

The trim was sprayed with ZC and agitated with a brush.

The car was clayed with Riccardo yellow.

DSC_0174-2.jpg

DSC_0173-3.jpg

DSC_0196-1.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

Paint Correction:

The paint was just beautiful to work on for this car. Every step seemed to yield great results and it was very rewarding. The metallic just jumped more and more and the brown became such a rich, wet glow. M105 and a yellow B & S pad was used followed by M205 and a green B & S pad. This was followed by Ultrafina on a blue B & S pad. The paint was just stunning after these steps.

OG Preparation:

Each panel was wiped down with IRA. After the car was completely wiped down and checked, it was cleaned one final time with ONR and blotted dry very carefully. The car and windows were treated to OG.

Exterior Trim:

This was done with C4 and was the first time I tried it. I was in love with what it did. Here is a 50/50 shot:

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0204-1.jpg

Interior:

The interior was vacuumed very well and the leather trim was cleaned with Optimum power clean (3:1) and the RG interior pad. That was followed by steam. The leather was treated to the Ultima interior dressing. The glass was steamed clean. The piano black trim got DG 501.

Archived