GMC Farm Truck Clean Up

A woman I used to work with that I Opti-Coated her new Durango a few months ago called me up and said her husband wanted me to clean up his truck before he went on a turkey hunting trip (Don't ask me why b/c I didn't). He's a farmer and this truck gets driven thru rice fields and who know what else so needless to say it was pretty bad.

Here's some befores

IMG_1085-1.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

And yes the interior was just as bad, luckily he did use rubber floor mats

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

I first took the pressure washer to the wheel wells to knock off all the caked on mud, next I used bleche white on the tires and wheel brightner on the rims to cut thru the bad stuff. I then soaked the wells, tires, and rims with OPC and got to scrubbing, after this they were nice and clean.

Next I hit the lower panels with the PW and knocked all the mud clods off then foamed them with a mixture of Dawn and OPC and washed the sides of it to get down to all the tar I would hafta remove. A can of Tarminator and a lot of elbow grease later she was tar free. I opened up the doors and hit the jams with the pressure washer before pulling it into the garage.

Since it was so big and still pretty dirty i mixed up 4 gallons of ONR solution. I usually don't ONR cars this dirty but it's starting to heat up around here and even in the shade I have trouble with water spotting (bad city water) when doing a bucket wash. I hafta say I was really impressed at how well it cleaned!! I believe this is how I'm doing all cars from now on. It took all I had not to break out the new Flex but he just wanted "nice and shiny" . So I coated it with OCW and UTTG on the trim and moved on to the interior.

I first removed the floor mats and scrubbed them with OPC and set them out to dry. After a good vacuum I proceeded to clean the interior surfaces and door jambs with a MF soaked in ONR. I sprayed the spots on the seats with OPC, scrubbed, and then extracted with my LGM. Lastly I cleaned the interior windows and call it done.

Now the afters

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

Well done. What dilution did you use of OPC? Being a work truck, i'm shocked he doesn't atleast have a bed liner.

Thanks Todd, I've still got the old version of OPC (Just opened my last gallon) so I use it 3:1, I've also got a bottle mixed at 5:1 that I use for light duty use.

Yeah I didn't even touch the interior of the bed. The owner of the farm he works for buys a new truck every year and passes his old one down to the next in command, and his goes to the next person, and so on. Needless to say most of them aren't worried about taking care of 'em.

Archived