Correct steps and products for Opti-Coat 2.0

Bill was there any dealership applied protection on the vehicle? Does the car have any swirls in the paint that you'd like removed? In white they are going to be tougher to see so you might just be looking for the steps to prep the car for application. Let us know what your goals are, paint perfection or are you just want to apply the coating?

Got any pictures of what it looks like ?

On the simple side is a wash and Hyper Polish once over.

On the other end of the spectrum is compounding with a cutting pad, polish w/ polishing pad and polish with a finishing pad route.

How the surface actually looks will indicate what is needed.

What ever is needed, best to take your time and the paint now to make it right. Else it is going to be there until the end of time.

paint perfection is the goal. The car was prepped by the dealer, no swirls. But has factory orange peel in the paint in spots.

I have learned that Toyota super white 045 is a single stage paint.

I figure might as well spend the time to get it right then seal it with Opti-coat.

I try to get pictures tomorrow, but with white we all know it's hard to show the details.

That's a good way of putting on clear coat on a non-clear coated paint. My Honda Fit is also white, single stage, non-clear coated, so I was looking at OC too. Still flip flopping between OC and OCW, though. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

I'm kinda wondering if my next car should be silver? At least THAT paint SHOULD be a two stage paint and I will be able to see and correct any imperfections easier. BTW, Honda white paints have an additive that make it extremely hard. I wonder if Toyota paints are the same?

Yes Toyota single stages are pretty hard also, atleast their older ones, not sure about brand new.

If the paint is flawless prep for opticoat will be easy,

Wash with something that strips wax, clay it to make sure everything is off the surface, griots prewax cleaner or Carpro eraser to make sure there's nothing left from the claylube, and apply opticoat :)

Archived