Market OG/OC to dealerships, etc.?

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Joel,

I didn't realize anyone was actually working with dealerships in this regard. Can you tell us a little more about how it works, how you approached them, etc.? I'm also curious about the price for OG to them (dealership) vs. to a retail customer (not asking you to share pricing, but maybe a percentage of what you'd charge a dealer vs. a retail customer). Anything you can fill us/me in on would be awesome. I didn't realize that OG would be marketed to dealerships but it's been in the back of my head for months now & I've just been trying to think how I could do it. Knowing now that someone is actually doing it is great news.

All great questions; especially with the comprehensive interior and exterior package with warranty, I'm thinking it may be possible to grow a pretty nice operation just servicing dealerships with this type of offering. The main issue I've got is that at least in my area, pretty much every new car dealership has an in-house detail department so it might be a hard sell in some cases.

I have a good relationship with the general manager of a dealership I have bought vehicles from; I may see about piloting a program with them and do some logistical analysis.

Exclusivity can be bought by contractual minimum monthly purchases. We will have levels based on the size of the area you want and it's population.

Gotcha. I may look into this once the rest of the products and information is out.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

All great questions; especially with the comprehensive interior and exterior package with warranty, I'm thinking it may be possible to grow a pretty nice operation just servicing dealerships with this type of offering. The main issue I've got is that at least in my area, pretty much every new car dealership has an in-house detail department so it might be a hard sell in some cases.

I have a good relationship with the general manager of a dealership I have bought vehicles from; I may see about piloting a program with them and do some logistical analysis.

This is just my own opinion, but I don't see there really being much competition from their detailing department. Thinking this through in my head, I would think that once a vehicle is sold, the OG Installer will be contacted & would come in to wash/prep/coat the vehicle - just like having window tint put on after the sale of a vehicle. Any detail work done prior to the sell (dealer prep) would be something the dealership detail department would do.

Again, that's just my own thought on it. Your thoughts?

This is just my own opinion, but I don't see there really being much competition from their detailing department. Thinking this through in my head, I would think that once a vehicle is sold, the OG Installer will be contacted & would come in to wash/prep/coat the vehicle - just like having window tint put on after the sale of a vehicle. Any detail work done prior to the sell (dealer prep) would be something the dealership detail department would do.

Again, that's just my own thought on it. Your thoughts?

The only thing that bothers me is trying to follow up after some dealers detail dept. That could be a hit or miss option. A window guy dosen't have to clean up much compared to damage done with a rotary in unskilled hands. If this could be overcome it might be a win/win deal.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Guys, there's no need for worry or speculation. I will give full details after SEMA. If any of you can attend, we are having an installers meeting that week while we are there.

I can't attend, but that's awesome. Can't wait to hear all the details.

Guys, there's no need for worry or speculation. I will give full details after SEMA. If any of you can attend, we are having an installers meeting that week while we are there.

Sounds good. See you there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived