OPT's Polish II or the "Other" Guys?

Islandson81

Greetings, everyone! Woohoo, football season is almost upon us!

Recently I've been obsessing on removing minor imperfections using either Hyper Polish or Polish II. So much so that I've completely forgotten that the finish also needs to be deep cleaned. Can either polish achieve this, or should I use a dedicated paintwork cleanser by P21S, Pinnacle, Wolfgang or BF?

Ross

:confused1[1]:

What do you mean by "deep cleaned" ?

If you go wash - clay - polish, the paint should be clean and ready for LSP. The clay step should have removed anything that was bonded to the paint. If you have specific heavy fall out or something like metal against metal on the brakes, that could have peppered the side of the car, that is when something like Iron-x is needed ( or a more aggressive clay and take the pain in fixing the aftermath with a polish / compound )

Items like the P21s are products that are used after a wash ( maybe clay ) prior to reapplying LSP, when there are no defects to be taken care of.

That same process can be done with Hyper Polish and a black or blue pad in my book. I do not have a dedicated "paint cleaner".

Just trying to figure out what you need to have done.

What do you mean by "deep cleaned" ?

If you go wash - clay - polish, the paint should be clean and ready for LSP. The clay step should have removed anything that was bonded to the paint. If you have specific heavy fall out or something like metal against metal on the brakes, that could have peppered the side of the car, that is when something like Iron-x is needed ( or a more aggressive clay and take the pain in fixing the aftermath with a polish / compound )

Items like the P21s are products that are used after a wash ( maybe clay ) prior to reapplying LSP, when there are no defects to be taken care of.

That same process can be done with Hyper Polish and a black or blue pad in my book. I do not have a dedicated "paint cleaner".

Just trying to figure out what you need to have done.

Thanks Sscully, that's really good to know. If I can keep all products OPT, then I won't have to worry about possible compatibility problems with LSP's.

Ross, yes either product will do what your asking unless like stated above your referring to rail dust/brake dust removal, then use ironx.

Yeah, seems like I may need to do some of that IronX....even Trix sounds good, since I have some tar stains on lower panels.

Archived