OPC: A new use?!

ihaveacamaro

As all of you know, OPC is an all purpose cleaner with quite the following on detailing sites and forums.

Part of the reason is because it is so effective and part of the reason is because it is safe on so many types of surfaces!

Well today, I have come up with a new use that may benefit you if you detail for a living.

One day you might encounter a customer with Plastidipped emblems or wheels and you may not be sure what to use. Worry no more!

OPC at a 1:4 dilution (ie 4 oz OPC to 16 oz H20) works great at tackling embedded dirt in plastidip.

I have not noticed any degradation or softening of the plastidip in any way.

In addition to leather, plastic, wheel, tire, bug, and paint cleaning, OPC is great at cleaning Plastidipped wheels.

Take a look and watch in HD:

Thanks for looking!

• 4 weeks later...

That's 3:1. But great info right there. Guys on some forums are plastidipping their entire cars. Its cheaper than a vinyl wrap.

sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words

I did see a video of a guy doing that to an Audi with what looked like a conventional house paint sprayer (like a Wagner). Not my cup of tea but I guess if you're constantly wanting to change your look it's far more cost effective than a repaint or even a wrap for that matter.

Archived