Black ford Expedition with Optimum Car Wax

bryansbestwax

This is the first write up for a vehicle done with the new Italian made machine, known as the Rupes. This will be a write up/ review for those interested in acquiring this machine. You pretty much couldn’t ask for a better testing ground than a huge chunk of American machinery, and it straight black to boot. This vehicle was just recently acquired by a great customer of mine. The truck was a disaster inside and out, way too many washes through the local whip and scratch, (next level up from the regular whip and swirl). There was also a large german shepherd that made it his daily limousine. The vehicle tood just shy of 14 hours to complete, it took almost as long for the interior as it did for the exterior. I also got to test out a few new to me Carpro offerings, one which should not be used on a Rupes, I will explain later.

Stuff used

Presta Sudzz

Acid Free Wheel Cleaner

Carpro Polyshave (made my life so much better on this beast.

Rupes 21

Megs MF finishing pads

Rupes Polishing and finishing pads

Optimum Car Wax

Optimum Power clean, inside and out

The start

here’s the fender and door, two pass with Carpro Wool and foam pads, which minutes later blew up. Not a fit for this much throw, but finish was very good.

rupes026.jpg

rupes029.jpg

rupes030.jpg

Total lapsed time for the fender, 2 rounds of compounding, 12 minutes.

Heres the door, this explains the condition of the vehicle much better, one pass with MF pads in the shiny areas.

rupes031.jpg

rupes032.jpg

rupes033.jpg

rupes035.jpg

Here’s the Surbuf on the other fender 2 passes, 8 miuntes

rupes041.jpg

rupes042.jpg

rupes045.jpg

You can see a noticeable difference in the haze left behind, the surbuf cuts faster but then leaves you with more work to do afterwards. Time gains were last with the finishing

Here’s a close up of the paint

rupes047.jpg

This is the passenger back quarter, something did some real damage here

rupes050.jpgrupes051.jpg

rupes052.jpg

rupes053.jpg

One pass with megs MF pads

rupes054.jpg

still the deep stuff remains

rupes056.jpg

2 passes

rupes060.jpg

rupes062.jpg

getting there

Ended up 3 passes to get out the damage, total time for the fender about 40 minutes, with polishing included.

snapped a few reflection shots before I had to deliver the vehicle, I ran out of time or I would have shot more photos. I worked very late into the night getting this vehicle done as it was taken in on top of my booked days.

rupes064.jpg

rupes066.jpg

rupes067.jpg

rupes068.jpg

rupes069.jpgrupes070.jpg

And the reason the outside is so bright is because it was snowing, ya, the awful white stuff.

Total polishing time, 7.5 hours including non rupes correction.

Nice job!

You may want to advise the owner to stop washing their ride with steel wool, though

Owner just got the rig. Had it for a day. The previous owner should have been slapped with the stupid stick.

sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words

Owner just got the rig. Had it for a day. The previous owner should have been slapped with the stupid stick.

hehe stoopid stick...lol

you loving the new machine or what? my Flex arrives on Monday!! cant wait! I have an X5 and a grand prix in the wings!

Ha! I hope the new owner could knock a few bucks off of the buy since it was so neglected.

In my opinion, the old adage of "a clean car runs better" is very true. Usually those who take care of the cosmetics take care of the mechanicals too. Not always, but usually.

Archived