Prep/adhesion promoter

ChrisH

I thought I saw Chris mention there is a prep/adhesion promoter product coming out for OptiCoat.

Is that true? Any specs on it?

Im going to re-Opti my car in the spring but since I wasnt the person to do it initially (took it to a detailer) Im deathly paranoid of swirling the paint while trying to "rough up" the existing. Was hoping the prep/adhesion promoter would make it easier for me to add the OptiCoat with minimal chance of marring/swirling beforehand.

Thanks.

-Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I was hoping for a more definitive answer..I thought I read somewhere by using OPT polishes (polish II or say poliseal) that you would not have to worry about leaving anything behind that would disrupt the application of OC. Chris, what does OPT recommend for preparing the surface before OC? Thanks.

Well, I was hoping for a more definitive answer..I thought I read somewhere by using OPT polishes (polish II or say poliseal) that you would not have to worry about leaving anything behind that would disrupt the application of OC. Chris, what does OPT recommend for preparing the surface before OC? Thanks.

Hyper Polish followed by a damp towel wipedown.

Archived