Opticoat 2.0 Maitanence

whiplash willy

I opticoated my 2012 VW Golf TDI several months ago. So far, my expectations have been exceded. My 2011 VW Jetta had several rock chips on it by 10k miles, and my Golf only has 2 very minor ones. I have no scratches or swirl marks on the car. Washing and drying the car is alos much easier! The car still beads as well as it did right after the application.

I have noticed that I can feel some contaminants on the paint when running my hand over the car. Is it ok to use a light clay to remove these contaminants? Should I do a light polish as well after the clay? Or how about just using Iron-X and Tar-X to easily remove the contamination? I just don't want to use anything that will have a negitive effect on my Opticoat.

• 2 months later...
my OC 2.0 treatment is done... i will pick up the car tomorrow morning. i'm skeptical about ONR, even though i read nothing but good things about it. my paint is obscenely soft and i'm scared to touch it...

Keep us updated, I'm in the same boat.

You can use more passes and less pressure, use the Garry Dean rinseless wash method, check all your wash media and drying towels to make sure they are paint safe...etc. It can be done.

thanx, i have 4 large bags of MF towels. short nap, medium nap, long nap, plush, ultra plush, 2 sided, uber drying towels, waffle weave drying towels, my towels are washed with Micro Restore Microfiber Detergent Concentrate. you name it i have it. i've watched countless videos on how to wash with ONR... but i'm still not convinced that my paint will not be scratched if i use it. i have no faith in my paint at all, that's how soft it is. Phil@Detailers Domain says he's never seen anything like it. i'm going to try it on a small inconspicuous spot and see how it goes. thanx again.

Keep us updated, I'm in the same boat.

let's see what happens.

Archived