OC 2.0 cure time with cold temps

CHALM

Hey all,

I know about the surface temp ranges when installing OC 2.0, but what about the remainder of the curing process for it? The car will be in a heated garage during application and one full day thereafter. Since OC 2.0 takes up to 30 days to fully cure, will the cold temps inhibit the process? Also, will road salt also be an issue? Thanks for looking and for any help.

Nate

Nate I know the one day in the heated garage would be great. Good enough to get that curing process rolling for sure. I'm not sure on the road salt though, my guess would be after a day in the garage there would be no issue. But we don't see snow where I live so hopefully someone else can chime in for ya :)

It would likely slow the process down some, as paint repairs can take twice as long to cure depending on temp. I am more worried about drying time then curing time. I live in the great white north and haven't had any complaints in curing times and last year I was doing 3-5 cars a week with opticoating.

sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words

So I just spoke to Dr.G...turns out it does cure within 24 hrs, but continues to cross-link for that 30 day or so time period. That time period will add strength to the coating. So, I think I'm game on for the install.

It would likely slow the process down some, as paint repairs can take twice as long to cure depending on temp. I am more worried about drying time then curing time. I live in the great white north and haven't had any complaints in curing times and last year I was doing 3-5 cars a week with opticoating. sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words

Thanks for the reply Bryan.

• 4 weeks later...

What is the minimum temperature for OC to dry/cure for the first 24hrs? I have the following situation:

I compound and polish my car in my garage. After I wiped the entire car clean I want to apply OC. The temperature in my garage is About 54 - 59 degrees, by day and bij night. Outside the temperature is About 34-41 by day.

Is it possible to apply OC in the garage and after 24hrs take the car outside and drive with it and let the car outside, without any issues? (With the temperatures described above)

Archived