OS top with Meguiars Ultimate Wax

Klvru

Hi all

I'm new to this forum so hopefully I didn't break any rules

I've searched for it for a long time but haven't found anything:(

I know Opti-Seal could be top over OCW after OS has cured. But I've heard that some people is having bad experience after topping it up with other brand of wax, so would like to confirm it here.

Currently I only have Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax with me, I'm wondering if I can coat a layer of the Ultimate wax ontop of OS for additional depth and gloss? I will still be getting the OCW later on though.

Thanks for the confirmation Perfection:)

By the way, is it ok to spray OS onto the paint panel and spread it or do I have to spray onto the applicator pad and spread it instead? The reason im asking this is because I read on the other forum that people suggest that to spray onto the applicator pad and absplutely avoid the panel but the direction given on the bottle is sprayed onto the panel? I don't see any ill effect spraying onto the panel though, might check the car again later

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

I'm new to this forum so hopefully I didn't break any rules

I've searched for it for a long time but haven't found anything:(

I know Opti-Seal could be top over OCW after OS has cured. But I've heard that some people is having bad experience after topping it up with other brand of wax, so would like to confirm it here.

Currently I only have Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax with me, I'm wondering if I can coat a layer of the Ultimate wax ontop of OS for additional depth and gloss? I will still be getting the OCW later on though.

Welcome to the forums!

I used Meg's ULW in the past and was not very impressed with it. It left streaks that were hard to remove, and it was not durable at all. Two weeks, tops, even with a properly prepped surface. You will get much faster and better results with OCW. There is a slight learning curve, but once you master it, you won't be going back to any other wax. Unless OPT comes out with a paste and liquid version of OCW. LOL

Happy Detailing! And welcome to the forums, once again!

-Ross

B)

Archived