Guards Red Porsche BoxsterS

Ron and I detailed this Boxster the other day and we needed to correct a lot of marring from the previous owner who took it to the "scratch tub".....a poor excuse for a car wash we have here locally.

We had the chance to try some Menzerna 106 which is a very nice product but I noticed it also left behind some micro marring when used with the Cyclo and if left alone too long, say a few minutes, it dries up quickly and dusts. The cut of it was nice but not long lived according to Ron.

We did a different finish out on this one though using OptiSeal and some paste wax. Ron applied the OptiSeal and then a short time later used the same sponge to apply a thing layer of paste wax. This made the paste wax slightly tough in removing but nothing horrible.

Ron then applied OptiSeal on the same sponge now with paste wax on it to the bumpers and Ron noted that it was like gliding over ice....there was no friction at all and he had to make sure it was even on the paint. I'm not sure this method made any difference looks wise BUT it sure did look deep with reflection and gloss and of course gave us that nice desired wet finish............. that and the owner was very pleased which is all important!

RedBxstrS.jpg

OSBxstrS.jpg

GuardsRedBxstrS.jpg

AngleBxstrS.jpg

Anthony

Ron and I detailed this Boxster the other day and we needed to correct a lot of marring from the previous owner who took it to the "scratch tub".....a poor excuse for a car wash we have here locally.

We had the chance to try some Menzerna 106 which is a very nice product but I noticed it also left behind some micro marring when used with the Cyclo and if left alone too long, say a few minutes, it dries up quickly and dusts. The cut of it was nice but not long lived according to Ron.

We did a different finish out on this one though using OptiSeal and some paste wax. Ron applied the OptiSeal and then a short time later used the same sponge to apply a thing layer of paste wax. This made the paste wax slightly tough in removing but nothing horrible.

Ron then applied OptiSeal on the same sponge now with paste wax on it to the bumpers and Ron noted that it was like gliding over ice....there was no friction at all and he had to make sure it was even on the paint. I'm not sure this method made any difference looks wise BUT it sure did look deep with reflection and gloss and of course gave us that nice desired wet finish............. that and the owner was very pleased which is all important!

RedBxstrS.jpg

OSBxstrS.jpg

GuardsRedBxstrS.jpg

AngleBxstrS.jpg

Anthony

Anthony

Did you layer TS with the OS.......it looks alot like my 928 after doing just that, once the hazing was fixedm which I think was my fault from too heavy application

Well we didn't have any TS on hand but I did have some Gliptone paste wax with me so we used that. When ever you use a paste wax you want to skim the pad over the wax and then scrap the pad on the wax can lip so it removes any excess, you shouldn't see any wax on your pad and then wax your panel or panels.

Any wax you're removing after it hazes is wasted product because only a micro thin layer adheres to the paint so less is more :)

In the application process on this Boxster Ron first laid down OptiSeal then wax over that but used the same pad. Then on the bumpers he used the same pad again (now saturated with wax) to apply OptiSeal. Which made it very slick but we didn't notice any streaks. I believe I buffed off 2 or 3 streaks on the whole car.

Anthony

Anthony

Good idea on the blending with the same applicator....I noticed the applicator that came with the TS is very similar to the OS applicator......

I washed my 928 today.....its been a few weeks since the OS application......the paint is still super slick...much more slick than any other product over the same timeframe.....

Anthony

Good idea on the blending with the same applicator....I noticed the applicator that came with the TS is very similar to the OS applicator......

I washed my 928 today.....its been a few weeks since the OS application......the paint is still super slick...much more slick than any other product over the same timeframe.....

Awesome :)

I may be offering some new pads to apply the OS with shortly. I've been using it and it seems to work nicely and is a bit more comfy in the hand.

Anthony

Archived