Opti-seal with Opti-wax and Opti-Instant detailer

Senister

I am new to Optimum products, trying to figure out the best process...

I will be using the opti no rinse & shine car wash....

I was thinking about applying opti seal then opti wax then opti instant detailer....

Is this correct?

The car will be a black c6 corvette

thanks for helping!

While that wil work, and Optimum will love you as a consumer, it's not needed. ONR , then if you want long lasting protection get some Opti Seal, and Instant detailer for an after wash touch up if you feel you need it. Before all of the I would seriously consider Opti Coat .

Would using opti wax and then opti instant detailer together after optiseal extend the protection offered by optiseal rather than just the opti wax or opti instant detailer on their own after opti seal?

If yes, how long after opti seal application do I wait before putting on the opti wax, and how long after opti wax before putting on? the opti instant detailer?

Kinda confusing cos some forums seem to suggest letting optiseal cure for 12 hours for max effect but on the instant detailer it says use 30 mins after opti seal. For opti wax, there's no indication of how long after opti seal before putting it on.

Please help. Thanks!

I apply OCW immediately after applying Opti-Seal, not had any problems with this approach. Not sure how much protection OID would give to OCW but my guess is it would be quite small. I think the 12 hours thing with Opti-Seal is if you wish to apply another layer but no doubt someone with greater knowledge than me will give the official answer

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Chris, just had some time today and was looking through some of the other posts in the Products line on OOS. There were a couple of replies from you 1 of which stated that it would be better to allow the polymers to cross-link before layering and in another post, you stated that wait 12 hours before layering OCW.

Can I clarify please the best way to add a layer of OCW after OOS and the time in between?

Thanks in advance for helping out!

Regards,

Nick

Thanks Chris. So to be doubly sure, after I finish applying OOS, I can apply OCW immediately and by doing so, I would not be disrupting the polymers in OOS from settling properly (cos application of OCW would involve wiping off with a MF cloth and I'm worried the wiping action would disrupt the OOS polymers from settling properly)?

Hi Chris, this is what I've done - washed the tires with diluted power clean, foam gunned the car with Opti Car wash, let the foam sit 2 mins, rinse off, re foam gunned the car with Opti car wash, use MF towels to wash wash the car, rinse off. Then I used a jelly blade to take off excess water. Next I sprayed Opti seal as I dried the car down with a MF towel. Finally, sprayed on OCW and wiped off with another MF towel.

The entire process took me a little under an hour and it was so easy to do and use! All my worries and concerns flew right out of the window!

I actually took a picture to show the end product (AMAZING!!). But for the life of me I just can't figure out how to post the picture here. Thanks guys for all the tips and advice!

Regards

Archived