Grime "build up" on Opti Coat Pro

Berosucci

I seem to have developed a build up of sorts on my opti coat. Essentially, the grime and dirt does not come off as easily and the water does not cascade off as well as when the coating was new. I was wondering what would be the best wash to get everything off of the car without compromising the opti-coat. The soap I use has not added wax/polish.

Some background - the car sits outside most days while I am at work and of course is subject to all of the stuff that settles on it. I wash every 2 weeks to once per month. I have used a touchless car wash in the winter months but only on the base setting so no waxes are applied. The is some light marring that I am not that concerned with right now - I am happy it is in the opti coat and not the original paint/clear coat which I had corrected about a year ago. I do not want to apply too much pressure when washing to avoid any further marring.

Periodically you may need to do a decontamination wash using something stronger, like Optimum Paint Prep or Power Clean to deep clean the paint. They will not remove your Coating and should return it's hydrophobic characteristics. Also, using Opti-Seal as a drying aid (spray on between wash and drying stage) would make the grime easier to remove during basic maintenance.

Archived