ONRWW and fabric soft top.

• 1 year later...

Juan,

Did you test ONRWW on the fabric top?  Was there any noticeable negative effects?  I am trying to put together a maintenance package of products for washing a 2006 BMW Z4 with fabric top .  I am wondering if ONRWW is OK with the fabric top or if I should be specifying sticking with regular ONR and then using Optimum Spray Wax as drying aid on painted/solid surfaces only.

My response above was before I acquired my "Lake Car",  a 2001 BMW Z3.  So now I have hands on experience with ONRWW on a convertible top and it works great!  The amount of wax is minimal, has no effect on fabric, and is great for general interior maintenance as well.  FYI,  Carpet & Fabric Clean & Protect does an excellent job cleaning and leaving protection on my top.

Thanks Ron.

Just one quick follow up, what type of towel (and technique) do you use for drying the fabric top?  I assume a tight weave waffle type microfiber using blotting technique is best to avoid leaving pieces lint all over the fabric top

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 3:33 PM, Detail Mutant said:

Juan,

Did you test ONRWW on the fabric top?  Was there any noticeable negative effects?  I am trying to put together a maintenance package of products for washing a 2006 BMW Z4 with fabric top .  I am wondering if ONRWW is OK with the fabric top or if I should be specifying sticking with regular ONR and then using Optimum Spray Wax as drying aid on painted/solid surfaces only.

Sure, no problems at all using ONWW or ONRWS. The only downside is using  grout sponge on the whole car will fall apart more easily because of abrasion from cleaning the fabric soft top.

Archived