Opti-Hyper seal- How long will application last

ExGunner

I just got my 2017 Tacoma done on August 29 with Opti-coat Pro plus. Truck came out Fantastic. I take it back in 2 weeks for its 30 day check after it has fully hardened and the My retailed will do his final magic at that time.

I was going to get him to apply Hyper-seal when he washed it and checked the coating for any areas that need touching up. We will be going into Fall and winter and living in a snowbelt area there is no lack of snow Ice and unfortunately Road salt to contend with. But thats why i got the Opti coat Pro Plus so my paint would have some ability to resist the salts and other things they spray on the road like the brine solutions they use before a storm. 

If he applies Hyper-seal end of September how long will that application last. I know there are lots of factors that could affect its life.. just trying to get some idea. . The truck in the winter gets not much more then a whip through a touchless car wash once a week and wont really see a good proper bath until spring. I am going to buy a bottle as well for myself to have but applying anything  when its -10c below zero isnt usually going to work well. 

or Maybe it should be Opti-seal ? 

I figured it was an educated guess at best and i certainly wouldn't hold anyone to a quoted time Frame. I appreciate your answer. I was just hoping this wasnt a once a week application. If i can maybe get a few months per application at best i am happy.  

You should get that, and if you use Hyper Seal as a drying aid every couple of months (spray on wet panel, then dry as usual),  you will be protected all winter.  Interesting phenomenon, ice and snow frequently slide off coated/sealed cars, the hydrophobic benefit.

1 minute ago, Ron@Optimum said:

You should get that, and if you use Hyper Seal as a drying aid every couple of months (spray on wet panel, then dry as usual),  you will be protected all winter.  Interesting phenomenon, ice and snow frequently slide off coated/sealed cars, the hydrophobic benefit.

Thanks ! I'll Call my detailer tomorrow and get him to have a bottle of Hyper-Seal to sell me when i take it in for its 30 day check next week. Living in the snowbelt anything that helps get that stuff off in winter is a help. Espeially ice. Nothing makes my skin crawl more then having ice on my paint and hearing it scrape its way off the hood when driving. . If i can have it stick less then there a better chance toi get it off before i hit the road.  I am going to get him to apply a coating of Opti-glass as well. 

Archived