Basalt Black Carrera C4S

Todays victim was a C4S in Basalt Black. A great color, so much nicer than plain black!

The paint wasn't too bad but it had its share of mainly marring from washing and drying. The driver side rear quarter panel is a repaint but polished out fairly easy. Interior was in pretty good shape, only a few carpet stains and most of the dirt was on the driver side. Doesn't look like too many passengers ride in this one.

We started the paint correction process with wool pads, and 2 new beta samples of Optimums Polish and Compound. Then down to a LC white polishing pad and FPII with a black finishing pad. The final step was done with the Metabo and a dynabrade, 100ppi white pad and FPII.

Victoria's Concours and their new beauty wax were lathered on by hand application. The Concours is easy on as is their new wax they sent Ron to test out but the new wax removes with very light pressure while the Concours takes a bit more effort.

Nice gloss and wetness added, can't say which gives a better look just yet......but both are sure beautiful.

OK, now for a few pictures.

Here is the hood after washing and it's not a pretty sight. I sure hope the cars owner takes better care of it now.

KaserHood.jpg

This is a shot of the lower rear quarter panel area just behind the rear wheels. It gets all the dirt and many people simply miss this area when detailing. It also looks as if the pipes have never been properly cleaned and polished.

Ksrdrtyfins.jpg

Ksrpipe.jpg

The cleaning begins in the lower panels for me because I SIMPLY HATE doing front and rear bumper areas so I get them out of the way first. I used GR-40 with stiff small brush and then dressed with Optimum's Protectant +. The pipes were cleaned first with English Custom's Restore and then with their Custom Blend.

C4Sclnpipe.jpg

C4SClnFins.jpg

Now we move on to the engine area......and a good number of water spots.

HrdWtrSpts.jpg

I used here Optimums soon to be released hard water spot remover. It worked like a charm in removing the spots and I then hand rubbed the area down with Poli-Seal. Dressed the engine and then some OCW to clean up the over spray.

KsrSptsGone.jpg

More To Come:

Has the dynabrade replaced your cyclo for finishing duties?

Any particular brand of 100ppi pad that you're partial to?

Ron uses the dynabrade mostly while I still reach for the Cyclo.

I use a 100ppi pad from American Buffing....the ones David carries at Optimum.

Anthony

Very nice Anthony and Ron!! Always enjoy your details. The water spot remover looks like a nice product. Is it for removing recent water spots or can it be use for older ones?

Thank You Sir :thumbsupup[1]:

The spot remover/rust remover can be used on long standing spots but the caveat here is the longer they have been there the better chance it has now etched and the product won't do anything for that. So the best rule is to keep on the areas where spotting is likely to occur on your car or a clients car. Make sure all areas are thoroughly dry and free of standing water by using some air source (leaf blower/compressor) to remove it.

Anthony

Thank You Sir :thumbsupup[1]:

The spot remover/rust remover can be used on long standing spots but the caveat here is the longer they have been there the better chance it has now etched and the product won't do anything for that. So the best rule is to keep on the areas where spotting is likely to occur on your car or a clients car. Make sure all areas are thoroughly dry and free of standing water by using some air source (leaf blower/compressor) to remove it.

Anthony

Right and thats what I was thinking. I do believe I have some that are etched from my past wash and drying. Thanks

Archived